Okay then guys, first of all, I’ll introduce myself. My name is Saul, I’m 24 years old, and I'm originally from England, UK. I love traveling and capturing my adventure via photos and video. If you are into this then please feel free to add me on Instagram @modularshots.
So now that’s out the way, I’m going to jump right into it and answer a common question people always ask. Why is travel so important?
Well, first off, I will say if you are content with your life the way it is and have no urge to travel, I fully respect your stance. BUT I honestly think you guys are missing out.
- Everywhere is so accessible nowadays, it’s never been easier to travel than it is right now today! There are plenty of travel sites out there to help you find your flight and accommodation. Some will be expensive, some very cheap. Why not take advantage of that?
- You will grow as a person. This is a great reason as I know me and the many people I have met whilst traveling have changed as individuals. It’s kind of surreal as you always get the impression you have fully matured and have all the knowledge you need. But it simply isn’t the case, you’ll grow so much!
- You will learn so much, this follows number two but it’s slightly different. The more you learn, the more you will grow. Travel allows you to learn things inadvertently. Some of the facts I picked up about the trees in Canada were insane. I have always loved the look and smell of different trees, but I had no interest in the science and facts beneath them. I learned so much about the true nature and how everything works cohesively.
- It will change your perspective on the way you see the world. I feel the media sometimes paints an ugly picture of a country, it’s usually due to the fact of the story they are trying to convey. I can certainly say I’ve been to many countries and due to a certain picture, it’s tainted my view before arriving. My views have changed after exploring and seeing a county for what it really is.
- THE FOOD, okay maybe I got a little bit excited but I do love food! So I used to be a miserable English man that never tried anything more than sausage and mash. You will feel obliged to try other foods on your travels and I guarantee you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the delicious meals you'll come across. Just try it!
So I don’t want to bore you guys, there are some of the reasons I think travel is so important. Believe me, there are so many more and you’ll realize once you dive into travel head first! So, obviously, not everything is sunshine and daisies. You will miss home, you will sometimes be short on cash, and you will have bad experiences. I guarantee you this, the bad encounters will make you enjoy the good ones even more. You’ll also have stories to tell both good and bad.
Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this, I hope you have happy travels and if you have any questions please let me know!
Travel, explore, enjoy.